Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tyrod Taylor's confidence is building



Rookie quarterback Tyrod Taylor executed his first NFL comeback, leading the Ravens to a win with his nine-yard touchdown pass late in the fourth quarter.

“Well, Tyrod, I would say he’s made the team. Newsflash,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “Tyrod played well. There are things that he needs to learn from. You have the ball third-and-two down there, you don’t take a sack.

“I think that’s something he’ll learn from. Yet and still, some of the throws he made in the teeth of pressure were just exceptional for us. He was using his feet to get out of trouble a couple of times.”

Taylor completed 11 of 18 passes for 125 yards, a touchdown and a 100.5 quarterback rating.

In three preseason games, Taylor has completed 35 of 57 passes for 392 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions for a 73.1 passer rating.

The Ravens are still expected to sign a veteran to back up Flacco, but Taylor is doing his best to convince the team he can handle the job.

“I know I have to impress people and people are going to be watching me as far as the No. 2 job,” Taylor said. “At the same time, I’m just trying to be the best quarterback I can be and show the coaches that I can be that guy if they need me to.”

No comments: