Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

TJ Houshmandzadeh impressed by Jimmy Smith



OWINGS MILLS -- Veteran NFL wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh has been working out with Baltimore Ravens rookie Jimmy Smith in California, and he has come away impressed with the imposing cornerback.

The Ravens drafted the 6-foot-2, 212-pounder from Colorado in the first round in April.

"He's a big kid," said Houshmandzadeh, who played for the Ravens last season. "He's works hard. Yeah, I like him. He works hard. I talk to him a lot. He asks me about the Ravens and I told him he couldn't have got on his knees and prayed to wind up on a better team. He is very lucky to be drafted for the Ravens. It gets no better."

An unrestricted free agent, Houshmandzadeh wishes he could return. He acknowledged that he's unlikely to be back.

"It just sucks that I was only able to play one year there," Houshmandzadeh said. "Top to bottom, it's great there. Steve Bisciotti is unreal as an owner. It's almost like he's too cool to be an owner. Ozzie Newsome is really cool. I really thought highly of John Harbaugh. I just wish I could have made some more plays."

No comments: