Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Former Ravens' QB Lucas seeks help in rehab


Former New York Jets and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Ray Lucas is seeking help for a painkiller addiction.

According to the New York Daily News, Lucas is at the Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches, a West Palm Beach, Fla., drug rehab clinic.

And he has been writing about his experience on his Facebook page.

Lucas has been posting comments about his rehab experience, which is being supervised by former Tampa Bay Buccaneers center Randy Grimes, who dealt with his own addiction to pain killers.

"I arrived in Fla. Randy tells me not to be nervous but that is impossible. Nervous about everything, my palms are sweating. This weather will be good for my body. Got a text from my mom she & my family are relieved I am here. I am on my way to start my life over. Can't believe all the FB responses already its a good sign & the support is needed. ..

"The end of day 2 detox. The symptoms of detox are taking hold, I am in a lot of pain & everything hurts. This gets me scared. This place is amazing, having another player, Randy Grimes, who has been through it by my side is a difference maker. Today in a session for the first time in my life I was dealing with the emotional impact of my departure from the NFL. This is the start of the fight & I AM WILLING TO FIGHT!"

No comments: