Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Suggs voted for Pro Bowler Brady after all


Hopes Patriots’ QB gets to play in Honolulu

Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs fessed up, acknowledging that he put aside his feud with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady long enough to give him his vote to the Pro Bowl.
Suggs has railed against Brady ever since losing to the Patriots earlier this season, suggesting that the NFL gives the former Most Valuable Player preferential treatment.

“Let’s go ahead and let the cat out of the bag: We did vote for him,” Suggs said. “We’ve got quarrels and our beefs but you got to respect play. It was kind of decided as a unit who we vote for. We did vote for him.”

Suggs did issue one zinger, saying he hopes Brady gets to play in the Pro Bowl, which is scheduled before the Super Bowl.

“One of us is not going to get to play in the game,” Suggs said. “I hope he has a good time in the Pro Bowl, and hopefully everything goes according to plan, I’ll be watching him from Dallas.”

Suggs was named to the Pro Bowl for the fourth time after turning in a resurgent season with 11 sacks.

"I said I wasn't going to have a season like I did last year, and I came back and made it to the Pro Bowl," Suggs said. "I'm still young. I just turned 28. I want to become one of the greatest. I'm just going to keep working at it and wherever I end up, I'll be satisfied."


No comments: