Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Le'Ron McClain: "I'm in for Sunday"


OWINGS MILLS -- Baltimore Ravens Pro Bowl fullback Le'Ron McClain returned to practice, and he demonstrated that his sprained ankle is getting better by running off the field Friday into the locker room.

He predicted he'll be ready for Sunday night's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"I feel good today," McClain said. "No pain or anything. I went out there and had a good pradtice. Yeah, I'm in for Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure. I'm good, man. I'm going to be ready Sunday. It just depends on the coaches, if they want to use me Sunday or not."

McClain said offensive coordinator Cam Cameron has contingency plans in case he can't go. The team signed veteran fullback Jason McKie earlier this week.

"Just like last week, I know Cam has got a plan if I play or if I don't," McClain said.

McClain said he never had any swelling in his ankle.

"I knew it wasn't that serious because I didn't have no swelling," he said. "I knew it was all pain. I'm working all the kinks out of my ankle. I went out today and had a good practice. I've got no pain.

"It was just a whole bunch of pain. I couldn't step on it Sunday. Now, I'm running around like nothing's wrong."

McClain said he worked with the first-team offense today.

"I took reps with the ones," he said. "I did some pass block plays. I had a running play today. I ran the ball today. I feel good."

No comments: