Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The other Reed


Special teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg always plays his cards close to the vest, declining to reveal who's returning kicks. The Ravens are expected to utilize Carr as the primary punt returner with Zbikowski expected to be ruled out.The Ravens could also use Stallworth and Lardarius Webb.

"We have a number of guys back there who are practicing," Rosburg said. "You've probably heard this answer before, but we'll see who shows up on Sunday."

The Ravens could wind up using rookie wide receiver David Reed on kickoff returns as well as cornerback Josh Wilson. Reed was a productive returner in college at the University of Utah, and the fifth-round draft pick says he's ready to contribute.

"Definitely, I can't wait," Reed said. "I just want to get that ball in my hand and show the team I can make plays and be explosive with the ball.

"I'm a north-south runner. I don't do a lot of juking I'm going to hit it. You're going to see me hit it for sure. Just watch out."

No comments: