Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Foxworth on the fast track back


Ravens cornerback Domonique Foxworth is on the fast track, reporting steady progress in his rehabilitation from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

Foxworth said he's confident he'll be able to take part in offseason minicamps, saying he has set a goal of being physically able to practice by early February.

"I definitely think that's attainable," Foxworth said. "The goal that I've set is a more steep goal that that, but it doesn't really matter. Obviously I won't be able to play before the season, but I'd like to be able to.

"I'd like to be in condition to be ready by the Super Bowl. Obviously I won't be in the game, but I'd like to be able to feel good and cut and change directions. I think it's attainable given the progress I've made so far."

Foxworth injured his knee in late July during a non-contact walkthrough, one day before the Ravens' opening full-squad practice of training camp.

No longer on crutches after undergoing surgery Aug. 10 with renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews repairing his knee, Foxworth is already able to run and lift weights.

"I've been running, changing directions," Foxworth said. "I squatted 315 [pounds] yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good right now."

Foxworth said he doesn't discuss his injury much with cornerbacks Fabian Washington and Lardarius Webb, who tore their ACLs late last season and have returned this season.

"They have more important things to worry about," Foxworth said. "When we talk, we talk football most of the time. Only thing I talked to Fabian about was I was telling him how good I feel, and he was saying, 'Take it easy, because sometimes, it's an illusion.'"

Disappointed about being out for the season, Foxworth said keeps himself available to offer advice to younger players and his house is always open for film sessions as it was in the past.

"You're never really with the group unless you're on the field," Foxworth said. "No matter what, I don't really feel like I'm a part of it, but when guys, young guys especially, come over and want to watch film together, that's available whenever.

"We do it sometimes, and we haven't had a big group or anything, but I'm sure at some point, we'll start doing the group meetings at my house again."

No comments: