Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Saturday, October 9, 2010

We got the Housh but he's not happy


Veteran wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh caught the game-winning touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers, hauling in an 18-yard strike.

However, he's not satisfied with his complementary role behind starting wide receivers. Anquan Boldin and Derrick Mason and tight end Todd Heap.

The former Pro Bowl selection ranks sixth on the team with five receptions for 80 yards with one touchdown.

Houshmandzadeh said the Ravens assured him he would catch 50 to 60 passes prior to signing a one-year deal after being cut by the Seattle Seahawks.

"For me, I knew coming in what I was getting myself into," Houshmandzadeh said. "But I believe in myself. So the belief in myself said once they see me, things will change. We'll see if that holds to be true."

He has seen limited action in the past few games after struggling against the Cincinnati Bengals, his old team, when he failed to come down with big catches with two drops.

"I was shocked that I played as much as I did in the first and second game," Houshmandzadeh said. "I wouldn't say that got me greedy, but then I expected it, so to speak. But then I didn't play much against Cleveland."

Houshmandzadeh said he hasn't complained to quarterback Joe Flacco and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron about not being more heavily involved.

He knows that people are probably aware of how he feels about not being utilized more.

"The bad part of my personality is I tend to not to say it but my body language says that," Houshmandzadeh said. "That's bad but that's who I am. Q [Boldin] is going to be happy. That's just the reality of it.

"Q and Heap, they're going to get their balls. They brought Q in, they gave up draft picks and gave him a nice contract. They're going to find ways to get him the ball. I can appreciate that. I wish it was me, but it's not."

1 comment:

fran said...

Let him run his mouth. It's becoming clear that Housh is a one year rental, if that. If Donte' comes back strong, it may be sooner than later.