Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Webb is back and having fun


OWINGS MILLS -- The Baltimore Ravens are taking a cautious approach with cornerback Lardarius Webb while holding out hope that he'll return in time for the first game against the New York Jets.

Webb was activated from the physically unable to perform list today after passing his physical.

He tore his anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee Dec. 20 against the Chicago Bears.

"I really don’t know," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said when asked if Webb would play in the team's remaining two preseason contests. "You would love to just because if he was out there doing it, you know he was ready, but we’re not going to push it. We’re not going to do anything earlier than, as much you can be, sure there won’t be a setback."

The Sept. 13 regular season opener isn't being viewed as a lock, but the Ravens are privately optimistic.

"I wish I could but I’m not a doctor, and the doctors don’t even tell us that," Harbaugh said. "It’s impossible to put a number on."

Webb took part in individual drills, running around and cutting without incident.
"It was fun," Webb said. "Glad to be out with my teammates. They welcomed me back fine and dandy. It was great."

Webb was reluctant to say when he'll return as far as playing in games, deferring comment to Harbaugh.

"My expectations are to get through this whole season healthy and to help my team win a championship," Webb said. "Play my role, if that's cheering them on from the sideline, if that's being a starting corner or starting nickel, hey, I could be a coach. It don't matter. Just want to be a part of this team this year, so I'm doing everything to get back with these guys."

No comments: