Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quick Hits with the Baltimore Ravens


QUICK HITS: Besides Oniel Cousins (illness) and Jared Gaither (foot), several other players didn't practice due to injuries. That includes cornerbacks Lardarius Webb (knee surgery) and Fabian Washington (knee surgery), defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (pectoral surgery), nose guards Kelly Gregg (shoulder surgery) and Brandon McKinney (back surgery), safety Ed Reed (hip surgery), offensive tackle Ramon Harewood (sprained knee) and wide receiver Maurice Price (ankle). Tight end Todd Heap was limited in drills as well as linebacker Jarret Johnson, who's recovering from offseason shoulder surgery. ... Several veterans didn't attend the voluntary practice, including: Boldin, middle linebacker Ray Lewis, outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, defensive ends Trevor Pryce and Cory Redding and running back Willis McGahee. ...Wide receiver Demetrius Williams left practice after landing on his face, but Harbaugh said it was just a precautionary measure. ...

Terrence Cody was especially active one week after missing practice with inflamed hip tissue. "It's still giving me problems," Cody said. "It's still sore." Despite the pain, Cody dominated inside. "I hit my gap, I knew I had to get there fast," Cody said. "I bull-rushed and collapsed the pocket and threw my hands up. Troy didn't pump-fake. I touched him and sacked him. I didn't try to knock him down." ... Running back Ray Rice practiced after having his wisdom teeth removed Friday. The swelling has gone down. "It's not too bad," he said. "My jaw was a little sore, but now it's pretty good. I was out there running around." ... Rice said he's playing at 210 pounds this season. He was feeling spry enough to dunk the football over the goalpost after a touchdown. "It's all about having fun," he said. "You've got to get some spunk in practice." ... Rice ran over to undrafted rookie cornerback Prince Miller after he got juked badly by Mason. "I asked him if he was all right," Rice said. "It looked like Michael Jordan taking a guy to school, basic fundamentals. We knew what Mason was doing. It looked like the little, young boy had a little problem. I asked him if he was OK. I didn't want him to get offended by it. That's Derrick Mason." ...

The Ravens are set to unveil their new high-definition video screens at M&T Bank Stadium during a press conference Thursday. The screens cost over $7 million and will be used this weekend at the NCAA lacrosse championships.

No comments: