Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Barnes in Ravens' doghouse?


Ravens defensive coordinator Greg Mattison emphasized that outside linebacker Antwan Barnes hasn’t been relegated to the bench because of his missed arm tackle on Cincinnati Bengals running back Cedric Benson.

The mistake in technique triggered a 28-yard touchdown run.

“No, that had nothing to do with it,” Mattison said. “If we didn’t play guys because they miss tackles, we’d be down to a 15-man roster.”

Barnes has been deactivated for five of the past six games.

Barnes has said previously that he thought he wasn’t playing because of the missed tackle on Benson.

Following a strong preseason, he’s now outranked on the depth chart by rookie Paul Kruger.

“Yeah, it’s frustrating to be watching other guys play,” Barnes said. “All I can do right now is be ready and prepare like I’m going to play. Whatever they need me to do, I’m ready. I ain’t complaining. I know they expect a lot out of me.

“I have a positive attitude about it. I ain’t no T.O. I’m not going to go to the media and complain. I’m going to keep working hard in practice and stay ready for whenever they need me.”

No comments: