Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Who will play next to Ray Lewis?

Tavares Gooden and Dannell Ellerbe split time at inside linebacker fairly evenly with Ellerbe recording three tackles and Gooden credited with two stops.

“That’s two good, young linebackers,” Harbaugh said. “I think Vic Fangio’s done a great job with those guys. They’re playing next to Ray Lewis at a high level, both of them in different situations. Watch Tavares Gooden running down the field on kickoff coverage, it’s fun to watch. And watch Ellerbe block on the kickoff return that went for a touchdown. It’s defense and it’s special teams, and they’ve done a good job.”

Meanwhile nickel back Chris Carr recorded the first sack of his career against the Broncos.

“That’s the first time I’ve had the opportunity to blitz,” he said. “I feel like I’ve played well. I’ve been taking a lot of pride in that. I haven’t gotten much credit in the media, but that doesn’t bother me. I feel like I’ve been doing my job.”

No comments: