Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson

Saturday, September 19, 2009

LJ Smith ready to go v. Chargers?


Tight end L.J. Smith is optimistic that he might play Sunday after being sidelined since late August with a pulled left hamstring.He’s listed as questionable and is expected to be a game-time decision, and will see how warm-ups go before a determination is made on his status.

"I feel like I’ve made enough progress that I feel pretty good about my chances," Smith said Friday. "This was the most work I’ve had all week and it feels good. I’m right there. I had a good week."

Ravens coach John Harbaugh echoed that sentiment. He’s of the opinion that Smith is closing in on being ready to play.

"I would say that L.J. improved dramatically, especially in the last two days," Harbaugh said. "He was full participation, as far as I could tell. I don’t know exactly the number of reps he took. He’s got a chance to be ready to go. It was good to see."

No comments: